Top Legislative Priorities
The Texas Association of Freestanding Emergency Centers (TAFEC) has identified the following items as its top legislative priorities for the upcoming 85th Texas Legislature.
- Protect the freestanding emergency center license
- Support the growth of the freestanding emergency center industry statewide
- Advocate for proper reimbursement for emergency care
- Educate consumers about freestanding emergency centers
- Educate lawmakers that patients now have a choice when it comes to receiving high quality emergency care
We look forward to working with legislators, staffers, and regulators, as well as healthcare stakeholders, to advance the freestanding emergency center industry and improve healthcare overall in Texas.